Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Happy New Year!

Well, 2009 is here! I actually spent it in Real Life as opposed to SL. I rent a small apartment in the basement of my parent's home. They also rent bedrooms in their home to a couple young men, one of whom I will frequently refer to as my Housemate because he is an old college chum of mine, and being my friend, is in my apartment most of the time.

So my housemate and I went up into my parents house to play dominoes with them, while the other young man in their house took off for his New Years plans. We played as pairs, and my Dad and housemate beat my Mother and I quite soundly. I'm certain they cheated of course! ;D

The rest of the evening was spent watching the second season of 'Bones' which has become a great favorite of my family's, as the forensic anthropologist the show is centered around remind them of me.

At midnight, we had some champagne and toasted the New Year.

A very quiet New Year's...but I'm not really one to celebrate events by ending an evening with my head in a toilet.

New Year's Day I did get on SL for a bit, talked to friends, and have been searching for a particular Gesture. I'm not a big gestures user, but there are some I find appropriate to convey feelings that text just doesn't quite cover.

One I rather like to use when I am very excited, is a cat's meow that causes my avatar to do a backflip. Yeah...it was a freebie, but it conveys the excitement I feel just fine.

But the one I'm trying to find is one I see text for and hear a voice for while at a club I frequent called Club Carnage.

It's a simple gesture that just announces "I love this tuuune." I know it's goofball. But it is a brief gesture...unlike ones that go on forever interrupting and annoying the be-jeezus out of everyone. Be cause I have to admit...sometimes while at the club I hear a song that I've not heard in sooo long, I'm dancing in my chair in RL.

I'm not in the habit of using the XStreet SL Exchange. But maybe I will go there to browse a bit.

A wonderful and Happy New Year to all! I hope whatever you did, in RL or SL, was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment