Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting Noticed

Wow.

Two fantastic people have made reference to my blog in their blogs. Cheyenne Palisades and Melissa Yeuxdoux. I'm flattered to my toes you guys. Wow. I'm surprised by how that makes me feel. I started the blog somewhat for myself, but knowing that other people might start reading it. I kinda figured: "Hey start a blog, folks will read your stuff and that will be cool."

I mean, I'm a member of a couple online forums, people have commented on stuff I've written before, this really isn't any different right?

Actually, it's very different. Most of my posts will be centering around my thoughts and opinions about a World that I share with my readers. Unlike my real life, where I'm separated by considerable geography from other online acquaintances, when it comes to SL, we are all just a TP away from some of the things I might want to talk about.

It just feels different, knowing that in a virtual context, someone could actually walk (or fly) up to me and tell me they read my stuff.

Part of me worries of course. After all, I'm going to start tackling some things my readers (now that a have a few) might have pretty strong opinions about. But at the same time, if all the voices in all the blogs are saying the same things, why have all the blogs? What good is my freedom of speech if it's someone else's *sanitized for public protection* words coming out of my mouth because I start being worried about offending others? What is the point if all the ideas about the same issues are all the same?

"Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut

One thing goes without question. I need to start getting some damn pictures on here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi WhiteRaven... Keep writing the way you are, I really enjoy reading what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Billy Joel once said, "Don't go changin'". Speak your mind.

    ReplyDelete